For the last 20 years, Bal Raksha Bharat (also known as Save the Children) has been helping children reach their full potential, tap opportunities and get a real chance at building a Secure Future. Joining forces with government agencies at every level – from Panchayat to the Union Ministries – we leverage the Power of Partnerships to drive change in children’s lives. Since 2004, more than 1 crore children have benefitted from our work. We are currently present in 15 states and 3 Union Territories of India and in 2022-23, we were able to impact more than 13.8 lakh young lives.
All this has only been made possible through the unflinching support of our donors who keep their trust and faith invested in us.
The Best of Childhood for Every Child
How Our Integrated Approach Makes a Difference in Children’s Lives
For children to build a childhood which is truly secure, they need support at various levels and this is what we are determined to make happen. We work to help build the foundation of a Secure Childhood for children so that they have the resources and means to build a robust tomorrow and contribute towards the nation-building process. Here’s how we do it:
THE STORY OF CHANGE
The Visible Impact Donors
Have Made Possible
‘A strong will goes a long way. You can achieve anything if you believe in yourself.’ Sanjana, an aspiring 6th grader at the Municipal Corporation School of South Delhi, is one of those girls who believes in what she does. Her life is a remarkable story of resilience and determination, hailing from a modest background, she defied all the odds to chase her dreams.
15 Years of Bal Raksha Bharat
How the Journey Unfolded
For the last 15 years, Bal Raksha Bharat has been relentless in its pursuit to help children brave the odds and build a fairer, safer, happier and healthier childhood. We believe in delivering real results for children. Here’s a snapshot of our work in the last 15 years which was made possible through the support of our generous donors.
- 3,11,319 children removed from harmful work in project areas.
- 12,020 functional Child Protection Committees(CPCs) in project areas.
- 1,66,940 households in project areas have access to social protection schemes and services.
- 257 child marriages stopped in project areas.
Poverty & Inclusion
- 3,463 households in project areas linked to an income generation activity.
- 6,135 adolescents and youth in project areas have completed vocational & soft skill trainings.
- 13,598 children in project areas received benefits from selected social protection programmes.
- 20,751 children in project areas linked with social protection schemes.
- 4,913 Children in Street Situation (0-18 years) linked to relevant social protection schemes in project areas.
- 934 trained youth (18-24 years) in project areas successfully placed in decent self-entrepreneurship/employment.
- 11,261 schools in project areas have functional School Management Committees (SMCs).
- 2,280 schools have comprehensive school safety plans in project areas.
Health & Nutrition
- 1,00,862 children aged 0-18 years received one or more essential nutrition interventions in project areas.
- 22,913 severe malnutrition cases among children 6-59 months received treatment in project areas.
- 8,159 newborns received at least one high impact intervention services at one or more level in project areas.
- 19,061 children aged 0-5 years with Diarrhea/Pneumonia received any one of the interventions of Integrated Action Plan for Prevention & Control of Pneumonia and Diarrhea in project areas.
- 6,309 under-5 with childhood illnesses sought advice or treatment from a health facility or provider in project areas.
All of this has been made possible with the support of individuals like you. Your support is crucial. Imagine the countless lives you can change with your contribution. By working together, we can reach many more children and change their lives, secure their childhood, and brighten their future.
If you would like to support, please leave your details below and we will get in touch shortly.