With your support, we can reach at least one more child in need.
While significant strides have been made to improve children’s lives since independence, a lot more needs to be done to ensure that all children have a chance at a happy and fulfilling childhood.
The Issues Affecting the Children of India
- India struggles with the problem of illiteracy; the literacy rate in our country stands at 74.04%.
- A large number of girl students drop out by class XI
- A lot many schools lack the required infrastructure to retain students
- India is home to 46.6 million stunted children, a third of the world’s total as per the Global Nutrition Report 2018
- Every 25 seconds, a child in India dies due to preventable cause
- There are around 10.13 million child labourers between 5-14 years in India
- 27% of girls in India are married before their 18th birthday
These numbers establish how children in India continue to lag behind and there is an urgent need to address these pressing concerns
How you Can Help India’s Children
With your active participation in various support campaign and donations, Bal Raksha Bharat have been working since 2008 to uphold the rights of India’s most deprived children, ensuring better education and healthcare for them and protecting them from various forms of abuse and harm.
When you donate to Bal Raksha Bharat, you help in:
- Sending more and more children to go to school and stay there
- Giving infants and young children coming from the most marginalized sections a healthy start – they get access to good nutrition and are safe from infections
- Ensuring that social evils like child labour, child trafficking, child marriage, gender discrimination, and others are addressed through the spreading of awareness and capacity building of communities so that children remain safeguarded
- Providing life-saving relief to children and their families during disasters and emergencies and helping them rebuild their lives
- Empowering girls on their rights so that they get the opportunities they deserve
- Stopping child marriages
Since 2008, Bal Raksha Bharat, has impacted the lives of over 10.1 crore children in India – all thanks to the generous support of our donors. In 2019, Bal Raksha Bharat impacted the lives of more than 12.6 lakh children. In the period 2019-2021, Bal Raksha Bharat is poised to reach 4 million most marginalized children and catalyze change for many more in various parts of India.
With your support and donation, we can reach at least one more child in need. WILL YOU HELP
have changed lives.
A small amount can change the life of a child; through education, nutrition, and basic protection, children can lead normal lives. The adjacent graph is a representation of how we have utilised your donations.
IMPACT CREATED LAST YEAR
(Children reached in 2019)
freed from the clutches of poverty
given protection from different forms of harm
access to quality education and support
benefitted from projects on healthcare & nutrition
provision of humanitarian relief
better equipped to deal with disasters
#ProtectAGeneration: Help Children Like Arti Go Back to School
Arti Kumari is a class 10th student from Sitamarhi district of Bihar. Before the pandemic, Arti was leading an everyday life attending school regularly with her friends and doing good in her class. When COVID-19 started spreading in March 2020, her education came to a halt as the school had to be closed.
Like numerous other children, she was confined to her home, unable to continue her studies, play with friends or interact with teachers. It was a difficult time for Arti. She was equally disturbed to see the inward migration of people of her community from far-flung areas as they lost their livelihood, and accessing basic necessities became challenging. All this made Arti’s anxiety grow. She was in class 10th and without any books or study material, she had no means to study.
Arti’s family lacked the means to provide her with devices and Internet needed for online education. Gradually she began drifting away from education and got engaged in household chores. She lived in the fear that she would have to drop out of school eventually. While fully understanding her daughter’s situation, her mother expressed her helplessness as the family had to prioritize food over education. She said, “Our family is big. When managing two square meals a day is a challenge, how can we afford a smartphone”.
It was during this critical juncture in Arti’s life, that Bal Raksha Bharat stepped in to support children like Arti in their learning continuity during the pandemic. Bal Raksha Bharat’s field team approached children in Arti’s village to form a Children’s Group. They also informed the children about the nearby resource centre, its features, and how it supports children in continuing their learning in the absence of access to any digital platform.
Like Arti, many children in our country struggle to access quality education. And the COVID-19 pandemic has made the situation worse for them and a lot of children, especially girls, are at the risk of dropping out of school. Your small contribution can help a child escape from the bonds of poverty through your donation online. With a reasonable monthly or yearly contribution, you can gift life-changing benefits to an underprivileged child. Your donation online will ensure that the child receives an education, healthcare as well as nutritional support.*Name and image of the child have been changed to ensure the safety.
How to donate online?
Making an online donation is simple and secure. Here’s what you have to do to make an online donation on the Bal Raksha Bharat website:
- Specify your donation details
- Specify the mode of payment
- Your selection will be displayed for a quick review. Please check the information carefully and ensure that it is correct. If not, change them as desired.
- Once you confirm that the enlisted details are correct, you will be taken to a secure payment gateway
- Fill in your credit card details; after which, you will get an immediate confirmation of your donation
- You will also receive an email confirmation with the unique transaction ID of your donation
How does donating help the community?
Through donations, NGOs are able to implement various programmes to cater to specific needs of children and their communities. These needs can be around education, healthcare and protection of children.
Why should we donate to NGOs?
With the support of donors, NGOs work to help marginalized communities. Bal Raksha Bharat runs numerous projects to improve the lives of children. We provide them healthcare, education, protection from harm and life-saving aid during emergencies. And it’s all made possible thanks to the generous support of our donors.
How do NGO’s accept donations online?
Donations can be made online through Debit/Credit card, Netbanking or UPI.
How much can I claim for donations?
Any amount to donated to Bal Raksha Bharat is eligible for 50% tax exemption under Section 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961
Why are donors important to nonprofits?
It’s only through the support of donations that non-profits like Bal Raksha Bharat are able to carry out their work to improve the lives of the most marginalized children.
How much is 80G exemption?
Bal Raksha Bharat offers 50% Income Tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
Are donations 100 percent tax-deductible?
No, Bal Raksha Bharat offers 50% Income Tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.